The 24th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala took place last night at the Palm Springs Convention Center. Those in attendance included Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston, Bradley Cooper, Helen Hunt, Helen Mirren, Mychael Danna, Naomi Watts, Richard Gere, Robert Zemeckis, Sally Field, Tom Hooper, Tom Hanks, Diane Lane, Eddie Redmayne, Martin Sheen, Ang Lee, Tony Mendez, David O. Russell and Tom Holland.
HOLLYWOOD’S BIGGEST STARS SHINE IN THE DESERT AT THE
24th ANNUAL PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL AWARDS GALA PRESENTED BY CARTIER
Cartier Welcomed Host Mary Hart and Festival Honorees Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston, Bradley Cooper, Helen Hunt, Helen Mirren, Mychael Danna, Naomi Watts, Richard Gere, Robert Zemeckis, Sally Field and Tom Hooper
Kicking off the 2013 Awards Season, The 24th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival (PSIFF) Awards Gala, presented by Cartier, was held Saturday, January 5, 2013 at the Palm Springs Convention Center hosted by Mary Hart. Honorees were presented with an original Chihuly Glass Sculpture designed by Dale Chihuly or the John Kennedy “The Entertainer” statue. The event was sponsored by Mercedes-Benz and Entertainment Tonight.
The Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala honors individuals in the entertainment industry with several prestigious awards for acting, director, achievement in film scoring and life achievement. The following awards were presented at this year’s Awards Gala:
* Argo (Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston) received the Ensemble Performance Award presented by Tony Mendez.
* Bradley Cooper received the Desert Palm Achievement Award Actor for Silver Linings Playbook presented by the film’s director David O. Russell.
* Helen Hunt received the Spotlight Award for The Sessions presented by her co-star John Hawkes.
* Helen Mirren received the International Star Award for Hitchcock presented by Tom Hooper, who directed her in Elizabeth I.
* Mychael Danna received the Frederick Loewe Award for Film Composing for Life of Pi presented Ang Lee.
* Naomi Watts received the Desert Palm Achievement Award Actress for The Impossible presented by her co-star in the film Tom Holland.
* Richard Gere received the Chairman’s Award for Arbitrage presented by his The Cotton Club, Nights in Rodanthe and Unfaithful co-star Diane Lane.
* Robert Zemeckis received the Director of the Year Award for Flight presented by Tom Hanks who he directed in Castaway, Forrest Gump, and Polar Express.
* Sally Field (Lincoln) received the Career Achievement Award presented by her The Amazing Spider-Man co-star Martin Sheen.
* Tom Hooper received the Sonny Bono Visionary Award for Les Misérables presented by the film’s co-star Eddie Redmayne.
Additional guests who attended the event: Senator Barbara Boxer, Dale and Leslie Chihuly, Taylor Hackford, Mary Bono Mack, Palm Springs Mayor Steve Pougnet, Bill Pullman (The Fruit Hunters, 1600 Penn) along with Festival representatives Harold Matzner (Festival Chairman), Darryl Macdonald (Festival Director) and Helen du Toit (Artistic Director).
Cartier jewelry was worn this year by select honorees, presenters and guests Naomi Watts, Diane Lane, Sally Field, Eddie Redmayne (watch) and Mychael Danna (watch). In addition, Cartier presented Tank Solo watches to all honorees, Cufflinks for male presenters and Love necklaces for female presenters. Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston, Mychael Danna, Sally Field, Richard Gere, Tom Hanks, John Hawkes, Tom Holland, Helen Hunt, Diane Lane, Ang Lee, Tony Mendez, Helen Mirren, David O. Russell, Martin Sheen, Naomi Watts and Robert Zemeckis arrived in S400 HYBRID sedan, S550 sedans, GL450 SUVs and ML350 SUVs to the Festival red carpet.
Following the ceremony an after party was held at the Parker Palm Springs where Bradley Cooper, Sally Field, John Hawkes, Tom Hooper, Eddie Redmayne, David O. Russell, Naomi Watts and many others were in attendance.